litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Tuning?

P4N Lotus

Are any companies tunning Evoras out there? Generally curious, guess there isn't the demand for it yet, looked around but doesn't seem to be much out there.

I'm curious because the 3.5 n/a can be and has been tuned to 400-550bhp by race teams , I mean its not short of power and performance is great plus the exige cup owners were impressed at the pace of them at chatsworth , but increasing the evora bhp to like double will be very intriguing to learn for most owners and potential future owners , I guess maybe more tuning options will spring up, unless others know any uk based ones?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Komotec do various tuning now on the evora/exige engine. Both for the n/a and S. Hanger111 offer it in the uk, but apart from a press release it isn't on there website yet. It's also called kold fire in the USA.

The n/a gt4 engine and what was going to be in the GTE is available to buy from Swindon engines / lotus Motorsport. But you need really really deep pockets.

On the n/a I understand the BOE intake can net you nearly 20bhp. When talking to Louis Keer at lotus Motorsport he said there are big gains to be made by replacing the exhaust manifolds. Their gt4 ones are very expensive but there are quite a few other options: Larini, 2bular, komotec that aren't cheap but offer good gains.

But as said for the n/a you can just buy the supercharger kit.

Cheers Chris. 20bhp from the intake and more gains to be had from manifold an extra 25-35bhp maybe then interesting. Would be interesting in seeing dynos. For me I think over 300bhp would be easily enough to live with. I always want more. As for supercharged out of my budget at the moment. And is £10k really worth 0.4secs for road use

Search for Paul (bruss) post on Seloc, he changed the manifold and performed dyno before and after on the same dyno.

if I remember right, the power went up a bit but the most interesting result was the torque increase at mid range.

Archived