litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Residual Values

Meister

As some of you know I recently purchased a 2009 Exige 240S, the car has a full Lotus service history to date.

I am really interested in peoples thoughts on wether or not I should continue using Lotus main dealers from now on. This is not in terms of the quality of work ( Gav at Unit 4 is testament to the potential quality of using an independent ) but in terms of residual values/resale value???

I am not so sure at nearly 5 years whether this would make much of difference, but what do other MLOC'ers think?

Mark

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gavs no question. You which save what you may or may not lose on the residuals. You will also get a better job done smile.png

Thanks Martin

That crossed my mind, the amount of money that I would save over 2-3 years by using Gav would probably be more than the drop in the residual value.

Mark

I service my own Exige and a main dealer had no problem with it as a possible trade in provided I could provide receipts showing the fluids and filters have been changed. I change the oil, oil filter and brake fluid every year and the gearbox fluid and coolant every other year. I also keep a careful record of all the checks. That is rather more than a dealer would do.

When I purchased my car with a FLSH the brakes boiled a few laps into a track day, I assume the fluid was 5 years old.

Given that, I think a book stamped by GAV will have no effect on future trade in prices.

Archived