litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Next Daily Drive.

KurtB

Lancia Delta Integrale 16v (I owned and loved an 8v, so a known qty)

Porsche 968 Sport. (I've driven a 944 8v and loved the handling balance.

VW Scirocco FSI.

RS Megane 230 F1 Tea....

If you could run to an RS250 I'd be tempted to go for that. Reliability wise they are solid and a vast improvement over the previous (big arse) Megane. Had mine from new for two and half years and it just got better and better with more miles. The only things I had to buy were servicing and tyres. Awesome fun and only one warranty claim needed to fix the well-known camshaft drive belt pulley rattle.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, after lots of thought and loads of options, I've placed a deposit on my next car, and it's none of the options listed above...

I'm having a 2007 BMW 330i M Sport coupe, 2 owners and 68.5k miles in safe silver(!) with FSH. I only drove it a short distance and I'll give a more thorough report when I've owned it for a while, but first impressions made me smile lots!

Now having never owned a BMW before, can anyone recommend where I can buy parts from? Notably I'm talking about the metal door trims fitted to the door cards which definitely need replacing as a previous owner clearly had a dog and the claw marks are all over these trims. £108 from BMW (each!) is a little rich for my tastes....

Regards,

Kurt

Archived