litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Next Time I Decide To Do More Mods To The Car.....

Dr H

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Bis

How's your motor?

He's done the usual faultless job as ever. A lot places would have given up or refused to do what I asked but not Gav!

Problem now is that one of my 'mods' has had to be sent back to Italy to be changed as they didn't deliver what i asked for. Chances of seeing it this side of Christmas are minimal to non-existent. angry.png

I can finish the fitting of this bit though and it's not going to stop the car coming back from Gav's.

Some of the mods are not 'photogtraphable' once the car is back together but most are. It's a long list.....

Gav loves it really.

Mine is feeling neglected of late. Due to various reasons, including the fact that I am still trying to get over my ruptured Achilles's tendon, i haven't really been out in it much. I am hoping for a better summer next year :)

I still need to book her in for replacement gearbox engine mount (mine has just worn), new TTRS steady engine mount, two new CC system bleed valves (one at the CC end and the other at the rad end). I think that's it.

I will book her in in the new year - after you get out of the way!

Bis.

I (or should I say Gav) put a bleed valve in mine. Put one at the highest point, the hose on the CC core, and tried to put one near the rad but it was too small. I bought 2 x 16mm valves and looks like the rad pipes are bigger. Bled through with just the one at the CC so all good in the end.

Don't mention the TTRS mounts to me - I'm not listening!

Hope the tendon gets back to normal soon,

How can your cars need so much attention and bits replacing?

Mine realistically needs cosmetic work/paint on the body and a clean of the engine bay, but that's about it.

I do have a list of 56 jobs I'd like to do to upgrade / make it perfect though, so I think I've just answered my own question. lol

Yep Steve - you've answered the question! 'Need' has nothing to do with it.

Modding it has become a 'hobby' in it's own right. I don't spend my money down the pub (very often), I don't have any loans to repay (apart for mortgage), I get bored easily - so this is what I do........

Yep Steve - you've answered the question! 'Need' has nothing to do with it.

Modding it has become a 'hobby' in it's own right. I don't spend my money down the pub (very often), I don't have any loans to repay (apart for mortgage), I get bored easily - so this is what I do........

Yup yup!

Archived