litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Strange Rpm?

Meister

I have a 2009 Exige 240S, which I have only recently purchased. Today, I thought I would fill up with petrol before putting her away until the new year and noticed that if I rev the engine when the car is stationary the revs drop down to approx 1500 rpm normally, but then seem to stay at 1500 rpm for a second before dropping slowly to the correct idle rpm.

This doesn't seem normal to me, is it? or is it a faulty TPS or maybe something else?

Mark

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it is normal. It's to do with preventing the car from stalling when coming to idle on supercharged engines. (The early supercharged cars had a problem with stalling and I understand this was the fix.)

I believe it is normal. It's to do with preventing the car from stalling when coming to idle on supercharged engines. (The early supercharged cars had a problem with stalling and I understand this was the fix.)

Thanks Chris - I could have made an ass of myself over this! (Not too difficult I hear you say)!

Mark

Archived