litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2014 Mloc Calendar Printing

JonS

Dear Members!

As a little treat for this years winners of the Calendar Competition they have been given the chance to visit the printing facility of Graphics & Print during the publishing process to see their photos being printed. The date for this visit is this coming Saturday morning at their premises in Telford.

A few of the winners have said they would be able to attend this, but at the suggestion of Jonathan E (one of the staff members at Graphics & Print) we are opening this offer up to club members who would be interested to see the calendar being made. If you are interested in this, and can get to Telford for 10am this Saturday (30th November) then please let me know as soon as possible.

Bring the family, bring the Lotus! (some people say these are one and the same!)

Pastries and a coffee machine will be on offer for those coming along so either reply below or send me a pm to let me know you're interested in going and if you'll be bringing anyone with you!

In the meantime - don't forget to order your calendar now!! Here:

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/store/category/2-mloc-calendar/

…and while you're at it, check out the new merchandise on sale in the MLOC Store too:

(Discounts for Club Members!)

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/store/category/13-mloc-merchandise/

Thanks,

Jon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the tour this morning Jon! It was interesting to see and you've got some seriously good equipment there.

The calendar is looking good and to my surprise it has been printed litho rather than digital so it's going to be a proper job :).

Makes me wish I had taken my photo with my SLR though!

Cheers

Phil and Chez

Many thanks to Jon and Matt at Graphics and Print for giving us a guided tour and loads of interesting information about the world of professional printing. Plus, of course, letting us see the actual calendar printing in progress.

And now, just a few shots to give you a flavour.....

Main control desk - ready for action (Phil loves that shot)....

gallery_1838_371_23301.jpg

Matt keeps printing press well fed....

gallery_1838_371_69079.jpg

Paper goes in here....

gallery_1838_371_106357.jpg

...and comes out here

gallery_1838_371_27027.jpg

Eric and Peter's "months" get lots of admiring glances....

gallery_1838_371_51422.jpg

Does it also play music? Well actually, yes it does!!

gallery_1838_371_85210.jpg

Something really tasty cooking in there....

gallery_1838_371_15001.jpg

Come on MLOCers - get 'em while they're hot (and this year's calendar is the best ever)!!

gallery_1838_371_10022.jpg

We had a great time yesterday at Graphics & Print watching the calendar get printed.

Big thanks to Jon for sorting all this out for us, to Matt for working on a Saturday just so we could all turn up for a look around, and to his boss for being so generous in helping out MLOC. cheers.gif

It was really interesting to see the processes involved and to see a certain pic come off the press was just the icing on the cake!!! cool.gif

Nice to catch up with you Phil and to meet Chez...couldn't quite keep up with you on the run back! Good to meet you too Eric.

The finished calendar looks great, get your orders in guys!!!!!

Well done Paul for all your hardwork on getting the artwork finished. Great pictures Eric, nice to meet you. Matt says you have got his best side there I'm still working on him to chop the Porker for a Lotus.

Get it ordered folks!!

Archived