litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Geo Required - Where To Go ?

@ndy

I'm not sure guinea pig is quite the right term, apart from having never had my hands on the oily bits of an esprit I know what I'm doing...the only learning curve would be where each end adjusts.

Guinea pig was probably the wrong wording, I didn't mean it quite like that.

What I meant was if the geo wasn't quite right, it could make an Esprit a complete nightmare to drive. They're a world apart from the (very easy to handle) Elises & Exiges. Esprits love to go sideways. ;)

If anybody asks about a geo, I will point them your way though. :)

E. ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a bit late to this topic, but have always had previous cars (Caterham, 911) set up prior to taking them on the track - except my S2 135R before going to Donington earlier in the year shortly after buying it.

Whilst I'm new to Elises, it appeared to handle OK, albeit I still need to learn how to drive the thing and have the confidence to get the best out of it.

Having now watched Dan's videos, apart from the fact he can clearly peddle an Elise very well, his car seems so very well set-up and balanced.

If this is an example of what Dan can do, I believe I will be visiting him before next years track day season for a geo on mine.

I'll be in touch in the new year.

Tom

Took my car over to Dan's this morning and 1st impressions are great, Car is much more predictable, Great grip but when provoked the tail will come out but you can tell it's coming giving more confidence. Looking forward to getting back on track.

Top job by Dan, I can highly recommend his work cheers.gif

Archived