litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Geo Required - Where To Go ?

@ndy

I need to get the Geo done on the S1 after replacing the rod ends on the rear toe links....

Top Gear in Wolves are closest to me but wondered what other options I have and recommendations from other owners ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little out of your way, but i am getting mine set up with Rob Boston, last years Elise champion. He also runs a team in the Elise trophy etc.

I had a chat with him when i was on a track day a few months ago. Quoted me a very good price.

His details:

www.robbostonracing.com

Martin at Top Gear Automotive has done mine twice now. In fact he did mine the other day after fitting new rear toe links & a reconditioned steering rack. Very pleased with the results & a very reasonable price.

If he's also local to you then even better.

For what it's worth I would only have mine done by someone with adjustable pads under each wheel, to simulate a perfectly flat patch of ground. And if I had adjustable spring collars I would want it corner weighting as well, with me sat in the driver's seat.

I am sceptical it can be done accurately if the car is on the floor.

So how much you charging to do geo's dan?

Depends what you want doing, on a non ride height adjustable car it can take anything from half an hour to track both ends to a couple of hours to set camber and tracking.

Corner weighting and ride height take a little longer, but I have a unit with a nice level floor for doing it all and get pretty good results. You can have all the kit in the world but its the monkey on the end that makes the difference, if you're not accurate then you're wasting your time, especially on a car as sensitive to setup as the elise.

I read an interesting book about chassis preparation by Bill Sollis, multiple mini miglia champion, who said he could never tell the difference between his car corner weighted with him in it or without...

Archived