litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

R.i.p Elise

leodom

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parked it outside my sons school to watch him play football.was told to go to my car where there was a young lady that had gone into the back of it she was very upset and admitted taking her eye off the road.causing 11k of damage.been given 9k from insurance.in the market for a low mileage possibly 111s.

I suppose that's not too bad for those miles. Not a bad time of year to buy a replacement eithet. Happy hunting.

I suppose that's not too bad for those miles. Not a bad time of year to buy a replacement either. Happy hunting.

Definitely would have pushed for more, especially as its her insurance company, you shouldn't be out of pocket at all. In my opinion not only should you be given enough money to buy a car with the same spec, condition, mileage etc but you should have a bit more to cover your inevitable increase in premium next year.

I remember many moons ago when I wrote off my S2000. I'd paid a premium for it because of the spec, however insurance company offered me market value for a run of the mill S2000. No way I could have bought another the same. And lets face it that's why you pay through the nose for insurance. So I trawled through all the internet sites getting proof of value from similar spec cars, sent it through to them and they increased the offer to an acceptable amount. Definitely worth your while doing this, particularly with these cars

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1 family owned and much loved type 79 111s Elise. (1 of only 15 RHD UK) It was my dads from new. Dad died 4 years ago, so it was passed to my mum who didn't use it much so I bought it!

I've spent 2k on her in last year doing a few bits and bobs to make her top notch!

I use it daily and it is garaged. It has both hard and soft top, (soft top 2 months old - bought a new one as old one was worn in places)

It has 54,000 on the clock. I'd be looking for more than your insurance paid out though. Give me a shout if you might be interested.

Kind regards

Ash

54k is just about run in :)

I wouldnt worry about the milage too much. Condition and service history are far more important imo.

Sorry to hear about your elise, but Ash's car looks well worth investigating.

If the price is a little high you might even be able to use it as leverage with the insurance company.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dom really sad news mate.. Hope you get another one, yours was the inspiration for me to get one....

And now there both no more......

Used to spend a lot of time in the car park looking at it, dreaming of getting my own.

Archived