Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Insurance Policies Options?

Stumason10

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bumping this thread - mines up for renewal so any more suggestions? Who was that new company on the scene everyone on SELOC was raving about??

You only find out how good an insurance Company are when you make a claim. I was with Quote me Happy, Got rear ended and needed new rear clam £5000, the other party admitted liability and it still took 5 months to fix.

I have heard that some insurance company agents are going to track days and noting down reg numbers. I have certainly seen cars on track days with plates taped over.

As I understand it, most mainstream insurance companies do not permit track days (or racing) and if you do, your policy may be invalidated.

Anyone else heard this?

Is it just an urban myth ??

Cheers Martin. Got a list of about 8 to call in the morning :) <br />A Flux<br />CCI<br />Reis<br />Henderson Taylor<br />Manning<br />One Answer<br />Chris Knot<br /><br />So who's going to win? :)

Had an interesting morning ringing around them all, surprisingly I got a wide range of quotes! So far best quote undercut my CCI renewal by over 30%! Sothere looks to be a clear winner however I'm waiting on 1 Answer to call me back (they were supposed to before 6pm but have failed, not good so far)

Once they have I'll post up the results, this includes a breakdown of excesses, track day cover, Euro cover etc. One of them has given UNLIMITED trackday cover in the UK and Europe!!

Managed to get around to calling all of them. Quite a wide range of quotes! I'm now in a dilemma. Go with Manning with their Unlmited Track Day cover, or 1Answer with their 6 day cover but for an extra £63 I get guaranteed value. I think this is key for me with such a modified Exige? Their excess on trackday cover is low too.

Below is a spreadsheet showing my quotes and details. I'm 39 with 8yrs NCB, a big theft claim a couple of years ago, clean license, car kept on driveway in a low risk area (even though the car is in the garage 360 nights a year!) Social and domestic only, up to 2k miles per year. May help some of you decide who to call come renewal.....

20140109_160524.jpg

Yeah that's right. I set it up low with a view to increasing it part way through if needed. Last year 2k was just enough, see how this year goes. I don't use it as much as I did my previous Lotus, mixture of not wanting to increase the mileage of it on "wasted" congested road miles and I've now got a nice daily. And it hibernates for winter. Also it's kept in my garage which is in the back garden, so it's a right pita to get it out and back in, so since living here I don't tend to do those "it's a nice evening I'll take the Exige" type trips. <br /><br />It's a bit sad really

Archived