litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Coming Soon!

Stumason10

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bringing it over to Donington over the weekend?

Not on the track day but I should be able to get it back together for Saturday lunchtime. When I get it back i have to refit the passenger seat, centre tunnel etc. Will see how I get on!

Hi All,

she's back!! Delivered off the back of a trailer looking slightly bedraggled, covered in road snot and debris. Rolled off the trailer and started first time, idled lovely from cold.

Unloaded all the spare bits and bobs I've taken off, and bits that were in the boot. Resolve lasted for 10 minutes and went for a run! Engine is sweet as, cannot rev her out yet, every bearing, ring, seal, gasket is new. Mapping has improved low speed running no end. Car still in race settings though on the dampers and that was a shock over a few bumps!!

Took her up to Carsington water, roads slimey and muddy, but, kept it or neat and tidy and no heroics ( my daily is a BMW diesel auto with DSC, ABS, TC etc) so was very gentle round the bends and keeping off full throttle and high revs, but, by feck does it still go. I've taken all the lead out of it, removed the petty bar and all the crap in the boot and it flies. Rolling road reckon 150 at the wheels, which tallies with Tdi power tests before.

Got home and then it looked like I had been rallying, so washed her, noticed some of the body work short corners (but knew it was a cheap job) and she comes up really well. Looks tiny now destickered and very black! Then popped her back into her new home (rented garage) as I am out tonight.

Got a few jobs that need doing to tidy her up a bit more, majority of work done seems really high standard, just got a bit of a long pedal.

However mentally I have developed a shopping list already....Leigh, I think this is your fault, as now I'm not racing it, my levels of disinterest re body work and shabbiness has slipped.

So off top of my head:

New Soft top needed

New headlamp covers, old ones gone awol

New towing eye

ARB sounds like bushes gone

Long pedal (bleed should sort that)

Wind the dampers off (I can do that tomorrow)

Few rubbers around windows very sorry for themselves

Fancy re bushing and balljoints all round.

Body work phase II uplift. Or get mate to wrap it for a laugh in scandal green.....Hmmm...tempting.

So happy she's back, the money pit resumes again!

Big smile though and nice to know she is tucked up nearby for sneaky use now rather than miles away in a lock up I couldn't access.

If anyone interested I'll do a full blow by blow update on what has been done. Ended up a long list! So tempting when its in a garage and you think, hmm, while its there......

Stu & Bucket

Stu - got it back yet?

Mines sat outside work now, I'll list what I've had done in a thread with pictures. it may take some time.

Pics of your when it's back please!

Sounds interesting, mines been more restoration than new. Put her away before photos, will do some tomorrow. Bit rough and ready in places.

Stu

Stu, you should come along. Saturday is looking to be the dryer of the two days.

I'll pop along first thing. But, won't be going out on track. Engine needs running in and brakes need a bleed up.

Archived