litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Interior Lighting (Footwell)

hollandr2001

Anyone with an Evora ever had issues with interior lights and footwell lights?

I Went to change my interior light bulb and found it ok, then checked drivers footwell lamp which was also ok but not connected. I connected the footwell lamp up and that is causing my passenger door glass to move down slightly as if door is not closed????? Something funny going on and must be why it was disconnected.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just need to reset the windows, this happens when the battery is flat, disconnect or you fiddle with elecs. You will probably have to reset both windows. Turn power on , put the winder which isn't set right put window all the way down and keep button held down for 5-10 secs, then flick it back up to the top again when at the top hold the button up for 5-10secs, put the window down to the bottom again and hold the button down for another 5-10secs, put window back up in resting position closed and turn off the power , problem should be fixed , it might then cause the passengers to drop, just do the same to fix, it's just needs resetting no need to visit dealers

Anyone with an Evora ever had issues with interior lights and footwell lights?

I Went to change my interior light bulb and found it ok, then checked drivers footwell lamp which was also ok but not connected. I connected the footwell lamp up and that is causing my passenger door glass to move down slightly as if door is not closed????? Something funny going on and must be why it was disconnected.

Let me know if it sorts it out

Cheers for the info and sorry for late reply but been away for the week.

Unfortunately it's still not playing ball, whenever I touch the footwell or main interior light the windows move. I tried resetting them but my display still shows the doors open so windows not moving when door shuts or when you open them. I have disconnected footwell lamp (which it already was when I went to replace lamp) and have had to leave interior lamp switched off, if I switch interior lamp on windows move again!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently had a problem with my passenger side door window intermittently failing to rise/drop when opening and closing door. It would also sometimes jiggle up and down constantly when the door was open. The issue was about 80% fixed by replacing a blown fuse on the power socket in the boot! Lotus Silverstone finally found and (hopefully) fully fixed the problem when they found a corroded plug inside the door. I guess it was the connection where the window lift motor is plugged into the loom, or the connection for the lock. Either way, the problem was caused by water finding its way down to the electrics.

They also told me they had a problem on another car where turning on the interior lamp would cause the window to drop. That was a blown fuse (I think it was the fuse for the interior lighting).

• 3 months later...

Archived