litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Highest Mileage Elise / Exige?

Alex B

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sold mine last week with 59,940 on it.....

2000 340R - 6400miles

2001 S2 Elise - 15900 miles

Have you been banned from driving for 20 years or something???? :-)

S1 Exige - 75k - 73k of them belongs to me smile.png - 17 sets of rear A048s, 1 HGF, 2 TBs stuck open, I RAC take me home (Croft trackday) and zillions of smiles smile.png

75 k for a VHPD with only one HGF is excellent. The scaremongers would have us all believe a VHPD needs a rebuild every 30k .

My VHPD is now on 30k so the longevity of yours is very encouraging.smile.png

It looks like you trying hard enough Simon.... :-) good to see....

When the S2 Exige was launched went to Donny as a guest of CN - Matt Becker trashed a set of 48's in maybe 30 laps - now that's trying :) and he scared the .... out of me - put me off px laps for life ;)

75 k for a VHPD with only one HGF is excellent. The scaremongers would have us all believe a VHPD needs a rebuild every 30k .

My VHPD is now on 30k so the longevity of yours is very encouraging.smile.png

HGF was at 63k miles - head never off before then - VHPD is an absolutely stonking motor but needs respect when warming it up like any k :)

2001 S1 Exige with just over 50k on the clock. Put only 7k on the engine since having the SC Honda conversion done many years ago (engine has less than 20k from new). Only about 430 miles in the last 18 months due to kids, house and a never ending list of other jobs to do provided by Fiona ;)

• 2 weeks later...

First one was a standard 97R. Bought in 2000 with 6k on it, sold in 2009 with 100k on it. Oil changes still gave out straw-yellow oil !

It had HGF 6month after we sold it :-(

Current one is a 200bhp (DVA) 99V. Bought in 2004 with ~17k on it. One cambelt failure at ~37k (rebuilt), second cambelt failure at ~55k. Engine now replaced with an ex-MGTF VVC with 30k on it, modified to be near the previous engine power. Now has ~60k, so current engine has done ~35k and putting out ~180bhp.

It did only do 850 miles last year.

No HGFs, though :-)

Archived