litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Goodwood Festival Of Speed 2013

Mark H

Lotus COO Aslam Farikullah introduced Lotus F1® Team driver Romain Grosjean to the new Exige S roadster today.

During a fun filled day at the 2013 Goodwood Festival of Speed, Lotus Cars COO proudly presented the stunning Exige S Roadster to Grosjean ahead of its first outing.

Grosjean took the new soft top on the famous Goodwood hillclimb to mark its first public dynamic appearance, wowing the thousands of fans who took to the sidelines.

The heat at the 20th FoS was pretty intense today but it was the Exige S roadster with its gorgeous looks and superstar driver that got the crowds hot under the collar!

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great day there on the Thursday, not too busy apart from the car parks.......1.5 hours to get parked!

Although I like the Exige V6 roadster, personally I think it looks better with the rear spoiler on.

Apart from the super cars, what stood out for me was the Toyota GT86 concept / convertible and the Alfa 4C

post-4881-0-96045200-1373996858_thumb.jpg

post-4881-0-45931700-1373996868_thumb.jpg

I was there on Saturday & Sunday with number 2 son - we had a fantastic time (although it was bloomin' hot).

Unlike last year where I too queued for hours to get in, this year I found a sneaky back-way. We left our B&B just after 7:30, and were stood by the startline before 9. I'm not going to tell anyone how I did it though :P

Highlight for me was poking around Cathedral Paddock early Sunday morning looking at some fantastically diverse cars, and getting into conversation with Annette Mason as she was getting ready to drive her husband's 250 GTO up the hill. A thoroughly charming lady she was too (the car wasn't bad either, even if it did conk out on Saturday).

This year we also managed to get to see the GAS show with the BMX & trials bikes - those guy's are quite bonkers, especially as one of them was only 15.

It's expensive, but it's definitely worth going for 2 days instead of just the 1 like we did last year. There's no way you can see it all in just 1 day!

Archived