litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Reputation Points

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll check, I did delete some spammers earlier and force it to recount the totals.

Probably just them voting people down. Forum spam is a real problem, so far this year we have blocked 8468 people so some do get through!

Yeh I do, its working out who is a spammer and who is real that's the problem. Those numbers I listed are the ones we managed to block before they got through the full registration so a few always make it through.

Just deleted some more of them that had been doing it. Its just recounting the numbers so they should be back to normal shortly. Let me know if they are not in the morning.

Not sure about everyone else Mark but I was at 9 for ages and am now at 2?

I think you misinterpreted my previous comment, when I said 'maybe delete them altogether' I was talking about the reputation points NOT the spammers, although I think I much prefer your option....Exterminate them all diespam.gif

Yeh unfortunately the recounting that was required has the following effect:

Taken from the function:

This will recount members' reputation based on CURRENT posts from the database. For example, if a user was given reputation on a post which has now been deleted, they will loose the reputation for that post. This will almost certainly REDUCE the reputation points for your members as deleted and pruned posts will no longer be counted. This should not be used if you wish to retain your members' current reputation points.

THERE IS NO UNDO!

I reckon it could be phil that's the spammer!!!!

Lets put him on 1 point, make him fight hard to get back to 9 ..... :-)

Another point from me...

I think these don't really add anything but do cause problems when some get nasty and give negatives.

You should be back on zero now Chris.

Mark perhaps we should remove this feature?

Archived