litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Emerald Installation And Rolling Road Mapping

Phil S1

I think that 1.4T car uses an engine that was originally developed for the MGF Bonneville record breaking run in the mid 90's.

ISTR that this car has crossed the finish line at Curborough at over 140mph!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see Dave at all whilst I was there Leigh but I can certainly vouch for the work that John did on mine. I can imagine 6 hours in a 340R in 30 degrees would be something of an endurance....the lengths we'll go to for our cars eh!

You're right Tomcar, John did mention about it being the Bonneville engine in that car, but I clean forgot!

I'm very happy with where I'm at now performance wise, it's much quicker than it was as standard although it's got the same slow driver behind the wheel!

The torque's still there too Dean, it used to have 120lbft as standard at 3000rpm, the KR1 took that up to 130lbft and now with cams and Emerald I've still got 130lbft at 3000rpm but increasing to 139lbft at around 5000rpm. You're more than welcome to have a drive of it sometime to see what you think Dean

I didn't see Dave at all whilst I was there Leigh but I can certainly vouch for the work that John did on mine. I can imagine 6 hours in a 340R in 30 degrees would be something of an endurance....the lengths we'll go to for our cars eh!

I know Dave was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2012. I think he's taking more a back seat now.

For those who do not fancy the trek to Norfolk, like me, I just had my S1 Exige Emerald mapped and verniers fitted at a Dynotech in a Ripley, Derbyshire. I wanted to be sure that Kevin who runs it knows his stuff, we had a long chat about ECUs and the merits of different microprocessors (I used to run a small company that designed and made truck ECUs). It turns it he builds ECUs which normally get fitted to Caterhams.

I got the car back last Friday and have not been far in it but it appears transformed. It idles at 1000rpm, pulls from about 2k, does not smell of fuel and does not get the VHPD kangaroo mode. It feels good.

I know you all want to know how many hp, 188, which I think is good for a standard VHPD. He said he could have adjusted the cams for more peak power but worse low end. I want it for track use so it needs the lower end pull.

He is a nice guy and I am thus far pleased.

Archived