litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mark H

#31 Kevin Weeda (USA) – James Rossiter (GBR) – Christophe Bouchut (FRA)

#32 Thomas Holzer (DEU) – Dominik Kraihamer (AUT) – Jan Charouz (CZE)

Race

#31 retired

#32 retired

Lotus Praga LMP2 was at the start of the 90th anniversary of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Christophe Bouchut was the start driver for car #31 and made up some position in the first laps. Thomas Holzer was at the wheel of #32 for the start and was on a good pace.

After about two hours into the race, Kevin Weeda in car #31 spun and had to stop the car at the track. During the night, Dominik Kraihamer (#32) did very good laps and set good and constant lap times after an Audi made contact with him.

A failure on the bellhousing consequently caused damages on the fitted auxiliaries and forced the team to retire.

Lotus Praga LMP2 showed a good performance at its only second start at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and with the new Lotus Praga T128 LMP2. The team showed a great effort and was working hard during the whole week.

Christophe Bouchut, Race Driver #31:

“It’s a shame that we had to retire. I would have preferred to finish my 20th race at Le Mans, but that’s racing. We had a good pace during the week and the car has got a lot of potential. I would like to thank the team for their great job.”

Thomas Holzer, Race Driver #32:

“We had to retire this morning. Nevertheless, we had a good car and we were on a good pace. It’s a shame we didn’t cross the finish line. But we will keep on working hard and fight back at the next races.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived