litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sabre Heads Kr1 Plus Newman Phase 2 Cams

Phil S1

laugh.gif I bet you're probably right there Martin, I've hardly ever used a laptop, never so much as seen an Emerald and know b*****r all about programming one.....apart from that I'm a fully qualified engine diagnostics expert tongue.gif .

That being the case, I wasted no time in heading straight down the M1 to Brian's today.

After having a look at Brian's latest works of art (his Imp-related project for rear window hinges) we spent the rest of the morning revisiting the vernier timing. We (well, mostly Bri) set it using Roger's method and cross checked it with Brian's method too. The nett result of that I think was, and Brian may correct me here:-

1) The inlet was 4 or 5 thou retarded from where it should have been but is now set at 48-53 thou across the dwell.

2) The exhaust wasn't far off but we reset it anyway at 41-39 thou across the dwell.

3) There was probably only about 2 thou difference between Roger's and Brian's method.

For some reason we had more movement across the dwell on the inlet than the exhaust, 5 thou v 2 thou. Not sure why that was but there you go.

Then in the afternoon, we plugged the laptop in and got the engine idling in a more controlled manner than when I arrived and Brian showed me some of the different parameters that can be adjusted and what effect they have.

Thanks again go to Bri for giving up another day of his time to help me out, all I need now is a few hours on a rolling road to get it fully mapped......and as luck would have it, when I rang to John Sleath Race Cars yesterday he said he could fit me in this coming Monday so I'll not have to wait very longsmile.png Fingers crossed I'll have some new improved dyno plots to show you after that.

Things have moved at such a pace just lately I've not had time to start a new Emerald installation thread just yet. I'll try and get that situation sorted soon and then cross link this one to that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks chaps, I'm just checking Google maps now, not go to be there till 10.00 so that should let the Monday morning traffic die down down a bit before hitting the M1.

Edited to include link to the Emerald installation and rolling road result:-

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/topic/61646-emerald-installation-and-rolling-road-mapping/

Archived