Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Honda Engine Elise Build

danwebster

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
The next evolution of my car is now well underway, I'm aiming for 450hp per tonne as a minimum which should be easily achievable. 

I'm aiming to get the weight of the car down 50 kilos to 700 and the power well over 300hp. 

Started by swapping my seats for a pair of carbon tillets:

6C1B4088-F674-4166-AD61-9A4EB4BF3917_zps

And today whilst I had a spare hour I chopped the bulkhead I previously made out to give more room for the airbox I'll need to fit to get the most out of my monster new throttle bodies I'll be fitting:

CA7BFEBB-5C32-4B79-9DE1-A2620CE66D3E_zps

That engine is just a dummy that I placed there for measuring various things like the clearance for the ITB's and my new exhaust manifold: 

8D60BEE5-512E-4758-B26C-FA2C45777503_zps

I don't actually know Dean, I didn't think to weigh my old ones before sending them off. I imagine it'll be a pretty modest saving but it all helps!

I'd say 5-8kilo saved per seat?

I'd expect a bit less, they were kevlar corbeau's so not heavy. I'm going to switch to fixed side mounts rather than adjustable runners on the drivers seat though which will probably give the biggest saving. 

I'd expect a bit less, they were kevlar corbeau's so not heavy. I'm going to switch to fixed side mounts rather than adjustable runners on the drivers seat though which will probably give the biggest saving.

Oh yeah I forgot that. I would have thought my figures would be something like if they'd been standard seats.

Archived