litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It's Not The Car It Used To Be.....

jonnyfox

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive. I wish people would stop using that gold heat shield on stuff - it's going to be expensive for me soon.......

Looked great at Chatsworth, look forward too seeing it again after the transformation.

For the S2 not the 340. Nothing major. New SC inlet (made to my design) bigger throttle body and bigger air filter. Might get it to about 370hp if I'm lucky. Also a custom made SC nose brace.

Oh and I got a bit excitied when I decided to replace my fuel lines. What could have been 2 metres of hose turned into new hoses, filter, FPR and a 60 litre proalloy tank with custom filter / pump setup nowsat in the garage waiting to be fitted...........

And then there is the new gear linkage from a chap in Austria - work of art!

Not forgetting the Vibratechnic engine mounts that were delivered last week, first set they have done for a Honda car.

Still won't be a shiny as your motor though wink.png

Wow. People are doing some amazing things with their cars. For me, I am gold tart anyway, but what I really want is one of those digital dashes. I don't know enough about them to really dream, but fully calibrated digital dash would look great.

Best of luck with the rest of the re-build.

Call me an idiot by all means, but what exactly are you doing to it Jonny? I can't really tell from the pictures. I am guessing it will be impressive though, knowing you!

Dr H some pics of your forthcoming mods would be good too mate.

I love this shit!

That's lookin great John! (Well, actually, it's looking a complete mess - but it'll look great when it's finished smile.png ).

Next meet round Jonny's house then, Simon can give me a lift wink.png ).

Definatly!!!

:)

Enginewise I wanted to do something different with the 2zz then just bung a supercharger on it so expensive though this is, I'm able to learn a lot about my car. Q the USA and Japan, modded Celica's, MR2's etc they've been running this or similar mods for a while, this particular set up certainly seems reliable and has hardly been done in the Lotus community. I do also love a good Normally Aspirated engine! Whilest planning this little project I came across a Carbon rear clam, this added to the hunger to reduce weight, something which I've been doing to my car for a while in a quest to make it as light a track car as possible.....(not a race car).......yet be comfy enough on an A to B journey or B road blast. I knew what I was doing with the front replacing the oil coolers with a Laminova setup and making/fixing a chassis based splitter but the rear clam is just opertunist so will chassis fix my rear wing as well, it'll require A LOT of work. Both will be quick release, I've had a lot of help off Gavin Kirby. So like any project really it's taken the usual detour, but it's getting there......there being 795kg with a 220bhp NA 2zz-ge......ish!

Here are some specs.....

Toyota bearing

Fidanza flywheel

Fidanza clutch

Eibach springs

Piper stage 3 cams

Baffled G-pan 3

Laminova oil cooler

Triple pass Proally rad already installed

Polished & Ported head skimmed again (compression now 12.5)

MWR Supertech valves

MWR Ti retainers

MWR Underdrive alternator pully

MWR water pump pully

Track Club oil pump gears

MWR TRD 170f thermostat

Mahle piston set 12.3:1 compression 82mm Xylan Coated

Track Club billet rods

OEM Crank

NGK race plugs

Block Nikasil coated

2bular Big bore (port matched) 421 manifold/decat/repackable GT3 exhaust

440 injectors

Updated fuel pump

Pro alloy tank

DD Performance Research intake manifold and short ram intake.

DD Performance Reseach 80mm throttle body assembly

Radium fuel rail

Radium catch cans

Eliseparts ECU

AIM MXL dash Strada

Lotus Motorsort GT3 rear clam

Wow. People are doing some amazing things with their cars. For me, I am gold tart anyway, but what I really want is one of those digital dashes. I don't know enough about them to really dream, but fully calibrated digital dash would look great.

Best of luck with the rest of the re-build.

I'll pop over when the dash is up and running if you like, wouldn't mind seeing some of your mods. I bought this second hand off Sean B which John at JSR had already fitted including loom alterations. This is just the Strada street dash, the next one up has data logging etc but I'm just not interested in that on a track day. I can time with this either GPS or Beacon but again I'm just not that fussed. It does have 8 channels for various sensors which is where it's at, oil pressure, oil temps and gear box temps.

Definatly!!!

:)

Counting the days fellas :-)

Archived