litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rebellion Racing Back To Asia For The Final Round Of The World Enduran

Mark H

The REBELLION RACING team has returned to Asia for the eighth and last race of the 2012 FIA World Endurance Championship. The 6 Hours of Shanghai will take place at the International Circuit of Shanghai on Sunday 28th October.

Located in the suburbs of Shanghai, the International Circuit of Shanghai is a 5.451 km track built in 2004. Comprising long straights and short turns, the track hosts the F1 Grand Prix of China, it has been a regular fixture on the Formula 1 calendar since its inauguration.

The 6 Hours of Shanghai will be the second race for REBELLION Racing in China, the team finished in 4th place overall at the 6 Hours of Zhuhai in 2011.

CongFu Cheng, the Chinese rising star driver, will share the driving of the #13 Lola-Toyota with Andrea Belicchi and Harold Primat for the Shanghai round.

CongFu Cheng is the first Chinese driver who has raced and finished on the podium at Le Mans 24 Hours (in the LMP2 class in 2008). His background includes A1 Grand Prix from 2006 to 2009, Formula 3 (British and Euroseries) between 2007 and 2008 and the DTM championship for Mercedes in 2010. Last year, he competed in the Chinese round of the ILMC in Zhuhai with Mika Hakkinen sharing the drive of a Mercedes SLS.

The driver lineup of the #12 Lola Toyota will remain unchanged with Neel Jani and Nicolas Prost at the wheel.

Although REBELLION Racing have already achieved their main targets of the season with the win in the FIA Endurance Trophy for LMP1 teams and the overall win at Petit Le Mans in the past two weeks, the Swiss team is determined to end a great season on the highest note.

CongFu Cheng - Lola-Toyota #13 :

«I am really looking forward to my home race with REBELLION Racing. I really appreciate the chance that REBELLION Racing is giving me. I will do my best and will work together with my teammates Andrea Belicchi and Harold Primat and the team to achieve the best possible result. I have got some friends in Rebellion Racing already, especially I am good friends with Neel Jani and know Nico Prost from my time in A1 GP. I was the first Chinese driver that raced and finished on the podium at Le Mans 24 Hours (in LMP2 class in 2008). Obviously jumping into an LMP1 car and racing together with some of the great drivers will be challenging, but I am confident with myself of being able to perform well in Shanghai. It's absolutely my honour to race for REBELLION Racing. And surely, we will get very good media interest and coverage given the quality of the team and me as a Chinese driver in my home country race ».

Bart Hayden, REBELLION Racing Team Manager :

« We will be competing at the 6 Hours of Shanghai with no pressure as we have achieved all our targets for this season. But our determination will remain high to achieve a strong result here in Shanghai to close off our fantastic season. Our cars and crew are as well prepared as ever. So, targeting a podium finish in Shanghai is not a unreachable objective.»

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived