litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Lmp2 Preview To The 6 Hours Of Fuji

Mark H

After the great result in the desert of Bahrain, Lotus is looking ahead to the 6 Hours of Fuji.

In the events before, the team has proved that it is able to fight for the podium. Lotus wants to build on the success and is coming with high hopes to the land of the rising sun. Once again the target will be to finish the race on the podium.

Mirco Schultis will be back in car #31 after he missed the round in Bahrain due to illness. He will drive alongside Thomas Holzer and Luca Moro. The driver’s line up for car #32 remains unchanged with Kevin Weeda, James Rossiter and Vitantonio Liuzzi at the wheel.

The race at the foot on Mount Fuji starts on Sunday, 14th October 2012, at 11:00 hours local time.

Mirco Schultis, Race Driver #31:

“I am happy that I will be back in the car in Fuji. Unfortunately, I was not able to race in Bahrain because I was ill. But I am fully recovered and I am looking forward to being back in action in Japan. I hope that we can keep on progressing and that we can show another good performance.”

Kevin Weeda, Race Driver #32:

“I am looking forward to racing in Fuji. It has got a long straight, one of the longest in motorsport, but also parts that are very slow and twisty. It is located at the bottom of Mount Fuji and it is a nice setting for the seventh round of the FIA World Endurance Championship. After the great race in Bahrain, we hope that we can tie on this success and have another good weekend. After my teammates and I had stints leading the race in Bahrain, we are now motivated more than ever to finish on the podium soon.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived