litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mark H

#31 Thomas Holzer (GER) – Mirco Schultis (GER) – Luca Moro (ITA)

#32 Kevin Weeda (USA) – James Rossiter (GBR) – Vitantonio Liuzzi (ITA)

Race

#32 Position 6 (LMP2)

#31 Position 8 (LMP2)

Lotus showed a strong performance at the 6 Hours of Sao Paulo and finished the race with both cars.

Vitantonio Liuzzi (#32) was starting the race and was fighting for positions with other cars. The Italian driver climbed up to third position, when he handed over the Lotus LMP2 to his team mate. After six hours, Liuzzi crossed the finish line in sixth position. Car #31 kept out of trouble during the race and finished in eigth position in LMP2 category.

The result does not represent the real performance Lotus was showing today. Car #32 lost valuable time in the garage after an unreasonable decision by the marshals regarding the headlights.

Nevertheless, Lotus is building on this great performance and is looking forward to the next round in Bahrain.

Thomas Holzer, Race driver #31:

“I am happy with today’s outcome of the race. Our car was running without any problems during the whole weekend and we were improving continuously. I want to thank to the whole team for the great job they did and I hope that we can tie on this performance in the next races.”

Vitantonio Liuzzi, Race driver #32:

“I am happy with our race performance today. We could have had a podium finish, but a decision made by the marshals ended our dreams. However, we proved that we can fight for the podium and this is what is important for us. We are going to Bahrain with a positive feeling and I am sure that we can have another strong performance.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived