litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Castle Combe August 31 2012

JonS

Here's a number of laps from one of my session from Castle Combe the other week. A great circuit, very quick and also quite bumpy in places so the car can get unsettled in places. I have my suspension set very stiff so you can see the number of bumps by the amount of jolt in the steering wheel.

This session was after the free tuition that was offered which really helped picking the lines and also where to short shift and entry speeds.

With no particular straight there isnt much room for restbite here so you really feel like you're working hard - althought the video looks fairly calm!

All in all a great day, great weather and a more than great car!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is the quickest circuit in the uk aparently. They tell you in the breifing that Quarry corner is responsible for 25% of all track day accidents! They seemed quite proud of that fact lol

It is a tough corner and you can really unbalance the car over the bumps and cambers if you get it just a little bit wrong. Great fun though.

Archived