Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the head is off and new head going on tomorrow

Looks like the old head had been ported slightly

Exhaust manifold was warped, its been skimmed and ready to go back on

Oil leak was not what I expected. The cam carrier was leaking, but small amounts. Main problem was it was coming out the dipstick straight onto the exhaust manifold....so will add a couple of breathers.

Should be on the rollers on Friday for 400bhp........

230 is considered a very good figure. I've never heard of a NA K20 making almost 250hp. Was it dynoed on a RR or a hub dyno?

theres a few lads pushing those sort of figures out of N/A K20's on the typeR forums.

Good news is that I was kindly sent me an S2 wishbone to compare with the existing one and it was slightly longer than the one fitted, so seems you the wishbone was an S1 item hence not being able to get negative camber

Bad news is that the original cams in the engine may not have been the piper 270 ones as they are not stamped by piper on the end. But this will be good news as the cams could be std so happy with the power it was making esp as the head only has a light port

Car will go back to Sportomotive to have the Geo corrected properly. Will then drive it for a few weeks and see what its like, then next year take it to one of the know how guys and get it setup how i want it. Secretly hoping the 340R settings will be good enough though :nana

Hoping the dipstick oil issue is windage and oil levels but its a worry as its a strange one, but it should be on the rollers this afternoon may even get a couple of power runs and hopeful to go over the 400bhp possibly slightly more if the engine will rev to the 7500rpm i would like :bc

mms_img-1863688879.jpg

This is what happened today.....low boost is 11psi so spot the problem ;)

Looks like the std garrett wastegate is too small and now I am getting more flow through the head it just cant cope so backed out at 6000rpm.

Still 360bhp but at 19psi so really have no control ovet boost

So ordered an external wastegate and will get this fitted next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Great job - nice to see something different being done with the engines. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

I will be interested to see how you get on with this when driving in terms of heat - you can always remove some of the rear grills to get more airflow through the engine bay - this makes a massive difference.

Any idea of an 'on the road' date?

As an aside, whoever posted that 'if the car is heavier it will have more grip' (or words to that effect) - this is fundamentally untrue, lightweight will always win!

Jonny

Heat is my major concern so will be a work in progress. When stationary the ecu switches on a fan in the engine bay to keep the air moving, has larger naca ducts too. Possible side pods but want std look

Engine cover maybe first to get modded but will see how it gets on

• 3 weeks later...

Been a bit of a struggle to get things fitted

External wastegate needed to be plumbed into the water system as it was literally surrounded by exhaust
Anyway set point of 1 bar and it did the below, with a nice flat curve
mms_img1037445613.jpg
Then set point of 1.63 bar and progressive boost control, it did the below, squiggle is wheel spin
mms_img-225160492.jpg
On monday we will take the cat off and run it at 1.8 bar for a giggle ;) but will run it at 0.9 bar on the road with the cat and just de cat for the track as its all v banded in
So all in all quite happy and at 850kgs its 470bhp/tonne

Archived