litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

Couple of bits turned up today

Gaz Gold Pro from junks thank you sir

3" 200 cell cat rated to 400bhp

Vibratechnics engine mounts for k series but using the motorsport harder compound for the engine

mms_img47622253.jpg

Oil cooler is next problem the 620 oil pump doesn't have any tappings for the cooler and they are in the wrong place so looks likely to be a remote filter with cooler attached

Got a couple of extra naca ducts and bought a 4 inch inline fan to circulate air when stationary or higher temps

Also got a turbo blanket as it was cheap

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed my Vibra technics mounts tonight, is it wrong to have immoral thoughts about engine mounts... they are sexy as :)

Please put some pics up of your fan solution as thats next on my list when I get the car back from mapping.

Installed my Vibra technics mounts tonight, is it wrong to have immoral thoughts about engine mounts... they are sexy as :)

Please put some pics up of your fan solution as thats next on my list when I get the car back from mapping.

Will do basically two naca ducts below heat shield either side of exhaust turbo acting as a chimney and have an inline fan from left side pod 4inch diameter that will be in a temp sensor from the ecu.

3 inch down pipe was made yesterday nice tight fit but it's in

mms_img4762225317.jpg

Ok cut the firewall today, actuator needed to go on the otherside so thought it best to cut out the panel for a bit of extra room and also ease of inspection of the turbo as it will be engine out otherwise

Gearbox sits on the same mounts but about 25mm further towards the passenger wheel so the gear linkage needed a little tweak

Vibratechnics mounts are in, spoke with Phil today and he is happy with the way its in. even mentioned the drivers side engine mount is used on the supras and 700lbft so should be ok (y)

But, bought a new toy, its called the S-dash. I am not a fan of lots of gauges in a car, esp when on a mission as its the last thing you look at, i loved my DASH2 in the metro as it had hi-lo alarms but didnt want to change the std stack on the elise to keep the car looking std as possible.

So Drew at Roverdose showed me this S-Dash made by a guy in Belgium. It plugs into the DTA (one of the reasons i bought the dta) and can show 48 channels of information. Basically everything the DTA can see if will show and it has HI-LO alarms that can be configured to rpm, temp etc

So above 12.5 AFR above 6000rpm below 15 AFR below 10% throttle etc

It also has shift lights built in, is a data logger with 8mb memory, can hold 8 maps downloadable in 5 secs and an easy wipe screen incase i get any more excited :wub :up

DSC02119.JPG

DSC02138.JPG

DSC02149.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the messages to say it's been emotional is an understatement as I am now a dad

The exhaust is in. Its 3" to after the cat then splits to twin 3" I did think about twin cats but heat and extra restriction put me off. Exit should use the std lotus tail pipes :-)

mms_img-350074044.jpg

Looks like a stainless caterpillar!! Any reason why its made out of so many sections around the bends? Just curious.

Yes

Firstly we dont have a mandrel bender

Second secondly the radius would of been too tight for a mandrel bender esp on the right hand side.

I was to to keep the car looking as std as possible with the twin exits and retain the boot space

• 1 month later...

Charge cooler and like work are now in

Should have most of the small jobs finished this week the all I have to do is wiring loom and map the bloody thing get it home and respray

All sounds so simple

mms_img-1378774888.jpg

Archived