Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So sat in the car this morning and started it up

all was good but the oil light stayed on. Stopped and got the camera

Not a good sign......let it run for a minute and noticed a knocking sound....

Looks like the oil pump has failed and the top ends have gone. Will take the engine out next week and see whats what

In three minds

1. fix the t series may need rods, crank and pistons at worst

2. Sell what i can from the T series and look at the 2.3 duratech turbo and start again

3. Break the car get some cash and do something else like a Maxi Clio 182 turbo or 306 gti-6 4x4 or.........

However i intend to get drunk tonight......Beers 

I can understand how you feel about the car. It's the point Mr Simba reached with the Lego Brick and why I ended up with it. I have been lucky so far with only slight niggles to overcome. I will be interested to see what engine you go for. Will you use the same turbo? I'm really impressed with the 28/67.

I can understand how you feel about the car. It's the point Mr Simba reached with the Lego Brick and why I ended up with it. I have been lucky so far with only slight niggles to overcome. I will be interested to see what engine you go for. Will you use the same turbo? I'm really impressed with the 28/67.

Yep i feel the same, i love the turbo its awesome for what it is but always niggle in my head saying i should of gone EFR

Should also have gone v band as well but on the whole its the best bit i bought after the DTA S80

If I wasn't such a man's man I would be crying now

Cranks gone so have 2 of the 4 big ends, so needs a set of rods

Oil pump inlet was indeed blocked.....but by big end so big ends look to have gone first but honestly have no idea why. Could of been low oil as light came on round a roundabout once, or mapping on big boost the engine stuttered

So i think i will sell of the parts of the engine, will post in for sale and hope to recover some of the cash i have spent

Then 50/50 on whether to admit defeat, or re start with another engine Duratec seems to be fav at the moment

IMG-20150907-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20150907-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20150907-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20150907-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20150907-WA0002.jpg

Sump has sludge and debris

IMG-20150907-WA000726.jpg

Engine is out and ready to be stripped, will try to sell what items i can 

IMG-20150908-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20150908-WA0001.jpg

So today i managed to spend sometime with the engine, its with Tech1 Performance in Poole as i just dont have the time but more importantly the inclination to take the engine out.

Good news is the head is ok

DSC_0151-800x450.JPG

DSC_0148-800x450.JPG

DSC_0147-800x450.JPG

So are the pistons

DSC_0157-600x1067.JPG

And the Bores in the block

DSC_0162-800x450.JPG

But, this was in the strainer for the oil pump

DSC_0159-600x1067.JPG

DSC_0160-1024x576.JPG

A Big End Shell

DSC_0161-600x1067.JPG

So looks like my T Series adventure is done......Its been emotional, expensive and a failure......but was fun when it went ;)

Had a drink last night after the Wales v Uruguay match and the long of the short is i woke up with a sore head this morning and confirmation the engine i had bought would be here on Tuesday ! WTF

Its a 2000 mile RD9A ECOBOOST engine from the Focus ST will all the bits minus the engine loom and ECU (the most important bits)

Plan is not to use the STD ECU or the Crate Engine PCM package but an Aftermarket ECU. Probably Syvecs GDI as they have done an ECOBOOST before and have a base map

Good news is, so i am told, the ECOBOOST and Duratec share the same gearbox pattern and similar engine mounts

Can change throttle body to cable, but may try to install a drive by wire throttle pedal

Will chuck the GTX2867 on and upgrade the std injectors, only good for 300bhp so i am told.

IMG_20150921_102541.JPG

I converted from DBW to cable but Chris at EFI Parts in Runcorn has used a DBW module to connect the VX Pedal to the DBW Throttle Body. I seem to remember that Chris had also used a Syvecs ECU on some cars.

Is there an exhaust manifold available or are you making one?

Dave

Ford do a pedal for the Dbw on the crate engine package

Spoke with Liferacing and they done a lot of ecoboost but the 1.6 and 1.0 and a loom is 1800!

Manifold is a contentious issue as on the later engines which I have they are cast on the head. So its a case of having an adaptor to the GTX. Didn't see this as an issue as 400bhp has been made from these.

No point messing around

The other reason i went for the 2.0 not the 1.6 ecoboost is its basically a duratec mzr engine

The Gearbox bolt pattern is the same as a duratec, the 1.6 ECOBOOST uses a different pattern

The engine mounts look the same as a duratec, and there are off the shelf adpator plates and engine mounts ;)

IMG-20150923-WA0002.jpg

and this is a duratec

belt.jpg

Ecoboost 

IMG-20150923-WA0006.jpg

Duratec

2bb1641254d20b63414621256eeb088c244ba086

Archived