litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dj Wilmas T Series 111S S2 400Bhp Ish

DJWilma

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arrgghhh on way to skydiving lovely 65 mile cross country blast....tweaked the shocks last night so was loving the drive..

But first thing reversing out the drive and drove into neighbours car as an idiot

The the innovate lambda sensor just stopped working so chucking in fuel, common I am told

Then 30mph through a village heard a thud, rear view was a pot hole and car went light at the rear.

Got the tyre weld out, just came out two big holes ffs

So car is parked up, and couldn't find wheel nut adaptor to undo wheels and will get her recovered once I have finished jumping....if I survive

20140309_084330.jpg

20140309_084318.jpg

http://gallery.seloc.org/albums/userpics/48468/20140309_084324.jpg[/img

• 4 weeks later...
Works mental so not had much time on my hands but purchased these, probably the most extravagant thing i have ever bought Carbon Fibre side scoops but they look good even if stevie wonder fitted the driver side one

20140321_134351.jpg

20140321_141602.jpg

AFR gauge is back quick work from Grant at http://www.gb-ent.co.uk as usual and all back up and running

20140327_144757.jpg

Got to drive the car yesterday, shame it rained but at least its done some miles again 140 miles on a tank of 33 litres (20mpg which isnt too bad as most has been point and squirt). She is quick but has a little bump steer problems, 70mph on slight RH turn and the front was moving....assume dampers so will tweak these

Exhaust is blowing though suspected down pipe so will have to check it out on the weekend, its never ending

But, main fuse blew again. And this time i know why, it was loose in the engine bay and was earthing on the block. So its been wrapped and stuck to the clam shell.....so shouldnt happen again

20140331_205541.jpg

time for a track day soon though

Love a bita'bling

oops

had enough of work so had a lazy day at home, and got a surprise when i went to open the drivers door this morning before my sea swim
20140404_121309.jpg
Looks like the grill has come loose, broken the cross member and ripped out the self tapper at the top....then snapped off at the rear lug....so if anyone has a spare RH side CF side pod let me know FFS
I was doing some high speed testing, on a private road, and didnt hear or notice it but full throttle (little clutch slip) and 6000rpm car was still pulling
Looked at the exhaust and the turbo to downpipe had two bolts in it, school boy error but looks like the bolts are a few mm too long so they went tight but were holding. Have ordered some new studs and nuts so will try and get it finished.
Eased off the shocks on the front and it rides a lot better with no bouncing
Also played with the traction control and launch, now that was fun 20% slip 3500rpm a little sideways and hit the rev limiter in first a heart beat later. Cant wait to get some sticky rubber and get on a 1.4 mile

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys

Well insurance is due in 2 weeks, been a whole year on the road and only 786 miles......not enough

But car has been with a friend to have the clam repaired, and stickers added (thanks BobvanM), the rear diffuser painted plus a polish. Have a little paint reaction on the drivers side under the pod so will get that done soon.....

20140414_161038.jpg

Also got my 1275GT out of storage and on the drive so will be fitting a turbo k with 200bhp to it soon....i hope

Anyway went looking for the exhaust leak, looked at the turbo to down pipe and very strange but all the bolts were too long for the threads. Good 5 mm and only being held in with one tight one. Replaced all the studs with proper high temp items and proper nuts. Lowest one was a bugger 1/8 turn each time.....

20140414_184843.jpg

Started the car up and exhaust blow was still there, hand in and found the turbo to manifold only had two bolts in on the right hand side......ran out of the proper nuts but will get some tomorrow and take it out

20140414_192841.jpg

20140414_193004.jpg

Was hoping to get to Castle Coombe on the 22nd April with LOT

At last i have some time and get the camera in the car, and the heavens open

Luckily i had a chance to set up the launch and Traction control settings

Standing Start 3500rpm dump clutch 100% throttle and it does slip but considering the conditions i am fairly happy it didnt swap ends

Then rolling 2nd gear full throttle and happy with the results, till the clutch slipped at the end

Have had Man Flu and a funeral this week so not had much chance, but managed to wire the Lambda Sensor in properly, but have a loose connect on the 0-5v feed to the DTA so need to check this.

20140427_174533.jpg

Also the fan knob fell off when i put my foot down, then rattled around so had to stop

20140424_141605.jpg

Then took it out for a spin today, still awaiting on the Clutch to grip it is getting better but and got the camera on forward facing. The sound for some reason is very quiet to need to re-check this too

• 2 weeks later...
What a lovely weekend perfect for roof down motoring, especially on my route to Swindon Sunday morning at 7am lovely country roads quiet traffic and even better the clutch has started allowing full throttle in 3rd and 4th

So imagine my mood when 3/4s of the way and full throttle blast and rattle, then oil smell

Drove at 2500rpm in fifth and the rattle started to get worse. Then it wouldnt tick over !

Managed to nurse it to work and let it cool, started again and it rattled, sounds like the big ends have given up. No idea why engine seems to have oil pressure 60psi is showing, however it doesnt change with Revs (assumed dodgy sender)

So it spent the night on the back of a truck, again !

20140504_192302.jpg

Worryingly i am expecting the worse and googling 2.2 t series...........hmmm

Right looks like i have a Plan

Will be replacing the engine with another forged T series, i was going to try and make a short stroke 86mm by 86mm bore engine but the forged cranks were on a 12 week lead time and would of gone for bigger valves and billet cams and it all got very expensive

Hope to pick the newly built engine up next week, will post specs when i have it

Archived