litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Power For The Lego Brick!

MrSimba

Bloody hell Simon! when you said you'd polished the engine bay I didn't think you meant it literally, that is truly impressive!

That's some power your putting out there!

Mark

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:)

Leak was from the IC core and could have been slightly leaking at last mapping but with a massive leak car still made just over 350bhp it'll be a couple of weeks before I can get back into EFi to see what the car is really capable of!

It surprises me that others with big power don't put wider tyres on, especially at the back.

Won't fit without clam modifications.

245's rub with 2 degree's of neg camber, seen anything more than that eat inner arches & thats with 125mm ride height any lower and it definatly eats wheel arches!!!

smile.png

215/245 is the limit to what the std clams will take at 115/125 ride heights & thats what I have, any wider or any lower & you'll be getting the dremel out to chop bits out!

Nev's monster VX (550bhp) runs 245 fronts & 285 rears and they are H U G E ! :)

You can see the heaverly modified clams here,

P1050420.JPG?height=540&width=720

• 2 weeks later...

Well went back to see Chris @ EFi this afternoon now with boost leak fixed and first run on the rollers.... 384bhp!

Second run with a little more boost... 392bhp and that was only 20.5psi - with a boost leak it was pushing 24psi to produce 370bhp so plenty more there!

Then on the next run the car misfired & cut out & then refused to re-start, we spent about 3 hours looking for the cause but it really needs ramps & stripping down so GreenFlag recovered me back to Birmingham :(

Possible causes, slipped a tooth and the cam timings out though we did borescope all cylinders & quick compression test & all looked good, the crank sensor is slightly scored and looks like the toothed wheel is out of alighnment and catching it on rotation so crank bearings? something definatly loose there anyway & needs inspection :(

So when repaired its definatly good for over 400bhp 'as is' no need for higher lift cams ect just need to get this stripped down & assessed now and go from there

one step forward two back!

the power we could not understand why the car was not making we've found, easily good for over 400 with very little more mapping required but got to see whats let go and go from there

so close yet so far!!!! Grrrrrr....!

Archived