litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Power For The Lego Brick!

MrSimba

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conversion to cable throttle has been giving us some trouble but looks sorted now!

The pedal has 2 /14" travel at the 'foot' which equates to 1" travel at the top of the pedal bar, the 64mm TB has travel of 1 3/4 from idle to WOT so to maintain 'OE' travel & feel we need to convert the 1" 'pull' on the pedal to 1 3/4' at the TB

Dave Hardwick has developed a lever off the pedal (but still within the pedal housing) which has 5 settings and the first being 1:1 'OE" the rest getting progressivly longer to fine tune :)

I'll post some pics when the final design is finished next week.

Here's the final design (though not the finished product as that will be painted 'OE' black) of the cable throttle conversion biggrin.png

Really have to say that Dave Hardwick has done an amazing job here, adjustable travel / start - end stops, and all within the physical space the 'OE' throttle assembly took bowdown.gif

For the number of people interested now in going to standalone ECU's this is going to be a massive help!

cea88aee82_md.jpg

05b7f4e40b_md.jpg

Well it's going to EFi on Sunday to have the ECU fitted next week smile.png

But...

The cable 64mm TB we used in the end is from a phase 1 Clio 172 and we need the plug from the engine loom from the said Clio to plug into the TPS on the TB and then into the Adeptronics ECU... a little plastic plug sooooooooooo hard to track down & I need it for Sunday!

Looking at complete engine looms on ebay and just waiting to hear back if the plug from a cable TB'd 1.4 is the same & then I'm going to have to buy the whole loom to chop 1 plug off it!

Grrrrrrrrr....

But yes, Jonny, Stu, Sheldon & Guy you'll be the first to see it when its done!

My mapping request is going to be a rev limit of 7000rpm, and to map it till either 425bhp or 2 bar of boost, so if it hits 425bhp at 1.7 bar boost - stop! or if at 2 bar of boost it's 370bhp again - stop!

Have no idea really of what its going to make but I really think with the induction, compound cooling, manifolds, and everything else its going to be good! smile.png

Remind me tomorrow I live close to ktec who should have that plug

2Bar on a 2.0 at 7000rpm should see 400bhp, that's what I calculated anyhow........as that what I want

Are those figures based on the GTX2867? As a mate with a GTX3071 is hitting a lot more at 7000rpm :)

many thanks for the ktec recommendation! do you think they would do the plug on its own tho? I thought it was only part of the engine loom?

Cheers

Simon

Yes on the gtx 34psi on a tfsi engine and 7500rpm saw 408bhp but at the wheel so 470bhp ish

Won't flow as well as the gt3071 it's a much bigger compressor but the gtx will run more boost and be a lot more efficient ie cooler ;-)

They cut up looms for throttle body conversions so worth a try

2 bar of boost, hell yes!!!!!

my scoob made 450 at 1.7 bar but weighty as hell. that much power in 900kg is going to be immense.....

One of the advantages of the cable throttle we have made is the adjustable travel at the pedal, hard to set without the engine running but I've set the upper limit of the pedal to be where I want it for heal & toe, but I can also set the lower limit for 'OE' 2 1/4" travel or longer as I wish, though being that the longer the travel the more you'll be able to control & modulate 400ish BHP, you really don't want to get a twitch in your ankle and find you've just dialled in another 150bhp!!! oooopps!

So when its back I'm going to play around to fine the longest travel thats comfortable ergonomically to give the most control :)

They cut up looms for throttle body conversions so worth a try

Brilliant - Many many thanks for the heads up! :)

Archived