litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Big Power For The Lego Brick!

MrSimba

Update?

All very much underway! :)

Started by removing the LET engine and cutting an inspection hatch in so if any work needs doing in future on the 'hot' side its not an engine out job :)

24b57a4695_md.jpg

aff8af834a_md.jpg

Then fab'd an inspection hatch out of nimus that can be removed in about 30 min (and 29 min of that is taking the seats and back panel trim out!!!)

33060e7321_md.jpg

And with heat shielding everything else was done!

looks overkill but the turbo / manifold that close to the firewall and 1000'c is very quickly reached melting everything in its path, heat is the real reliability killer on these builds so wanted to really address it :)

34c3f9d57c_md.jpg

So spent today building up the LEH engine and fitting it...

368b4b8920_md.jpg

And now its finally starting to look like a car again! :)

19112ac4bd_md.jpg

0fc4688af1_md.jpg

d2787da88d_md.jpg

Lots lots more to do yet but its got to be finished for next weekend...

No Garrett turbo pics yet as that not fitted!

Amazing how when you take things apart you just find jobs that need doing!

My car is intercooled & chargecooled but today I've made sure every bit of air going into my IC now goes straight through and straight out again, and its spending time doing these jobs along the way that slows everything else down!!!

b3dfa67ade_md.jpg

But it WILL be done for the weekend!!!

Mapping at CS on the 19th :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well today was booked for mapping at Courtenay Sport in Norfolk but since everything went back together on Sunday the engine refused to turn over :(

We tried everything Sunday night till 3am, Monday night till 4am, and on Tuesday we called it a night at 10pm and decided we were just not going to make it for Wednesday.

So... tonight without doing anything we've not already checked it started!!! and then threw and EML...! P0115 which is on the coolant sensor, and it also threw a P0100 (the MAF on the same circuit) so spent tonight checking the continuity of the wiring and think we've now found the fault so am a lot more positive about it now :)

Re-booked the mapping for Oct 24th as that was the next available date and it i's not sorted by then I'll be reaching for a box of matches...

Anyway I know you like a bit of bling & Carlsberg don't do heat shielding but if they did...

78731fca98_md.jpg

Bad news about not getting it mapped. I bet you could have cried. At least you have sorted the problem.

Bad news & a pain in the arse yes! But definatly no tears!!!

Big project there is always going to be a few hiccups along the way just got to get it all sorted, thought we had be its still being intermittent with the electrical gremlins so some way to go still with it yet! :)

Be all good in the end tho!!!

Well the project's taken a little twist...

DG's triple checked the wires , connectors, earth, re done most of them and still nothing so it's the ECU that's playing up :(

No point really putting an OE back in so this week DG's putting and an Adeptronics 'standalone' fully mappable ECU with cable throttle in to be mapped by Chris @ EFi :)

So slight detour from original plan but know the car will be all the better for it so in the long run.... Or that's what I keep telling myself!

*anyone want a brand new unused 62mm throttle body!!! ;)

85mm Jonny you nutter!!!

I know of one 500bhp VX with a 62mm so fair to say its not a restriction!!!

Anyway only selling the unused bling 62mm (sob!) as have to go cable throttle with the Adaptronics ECU, thats a 64mm so maybe Sheldons right....!!!

Archived