litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Technical Woes Lead To Lotus Sport Uk Dnf’S

Mark H

Technical issues ended Rockingham early for the Lotus Sport UK team in the latest round of the Avon Tyres British GT series.

Qualifying saw both cars perform strongly with Phil Glew and Sailesh Bolisetti taking second in class while the #49 of Mackinnon and Attard took fourth place.

Glew took the driving seat for the early part of the race taking just four laps to get in to the lead on the exit of the first hairpin. Mackinnon held position in the #49 car until wishbone issues forced Mackinnon out of the race.

As the #49 car retired, Glew had built a 24 second lead before a safety car period signalled a driver change. Luck would not be with the team and would have to retire Bolleseti with a failed diff.

Phil Glew: “After qualifying we felt a little despondent as we needed to make some more changes to the car to get the full pace out of it. The team worked their magic and it felt great in warm up, and then even better in the race. Once I passed Warren I was pushing hard, then unfortunately we lost the diff just as Sailesh was about to take over.”

Alastair Mackinnon: “It was great to get back the Evora. Qualifying went well, and we made good progress over the weekend. At The start of the race we had good pace and I thought we had that podium in our sights. On lap 18 we had an issue with the front end that was game over for us.”

Gary Ayles – Team Manager: “After such a great weekend in Germany we had hoped to continue the winning theme, but that’s racing! The team and drivers did a great job all weekend; it was just unfortunate we had some technical issues.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived