litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Sport Uk Back At Full Strength For Rockingham

Mark H

Lotus Sport UK head to Rockingham with two cars and will be looking to emulate their winning performance last time out at Nurburgring.

Race winners Phil Glew and Sailesh Bolisetti took the chance to test at the Northamptonshire circuit last week and were very happy with the results.

“We had a good test last week at Rockingham and the car showed great pace” said Glew. “We worked closely with Sailesh on set up and we brought him up to a fantastic, consistent pace, so I’m really looking forward to the race this weekend.”

Bolisetti admitted that although he was still on a high from Nurburgring he knows he has to remain focussed. “After my first British GT win in Germany, I’m still on cloud nine, and really looking forward to getting stuck back in at Rockingham this weekend.

“We have to aim for wins, and podiums are a must, so I’m going to be very focussed this weekend. Now I’ve had my first win in British GT, I’m hungry for more!”

Alistair Mackinnon and Marco Attard return in the #49 Lotus Evora as they look to better their podium finish at the opening round of the season.

Mackinnon has set a clear goal for the weekend ,another podium finish, “After our podium at Oulton Park at the opening round of the season, it’s left me hungry for more!” he said. “I really can’t wait to get back in the little Evora, and hopefully bring the guys back some more silverware…podiums are our target this weekend.”

Marco Attard returns to Lotus Sport UK after a run in a Lamborghini at Nurburgring, “After I had a promising start at the first round with Lotus, I really couldn’t pass the opportunity to get back into the #49 car for this weekend. I had a good race in Germany in the Lamborghini, so I am focussed and ready to get some good points this weekend at Rockingham.”

Lotus Sport UK Team Manager Gary Ayles added “It’s great to have both cars back out for Rockingham. We made some good progress last week testing, and after our success in Germany, were all ready for of the same! It’s really close at the top of the championship in terms of points, only 4 points between us and the WFR Ginetta so this is a crucial race for us to keep the pressure on.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived