litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Rover Exhaust

DeanB

I am thinking of getting a new back box, for a nicer sound, a weight saving, and to look nice.

It wants to be:

-as light as poss

-single exit

-not too loud

-not boomy or droney

Any ideas guys and gals?

Ta

Dean

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russ I looked at those - hasn't Scatty got one? Very nice indeed, but at the mo I am favouring the Hangar 111 one. Looks to be really light and a fair bit (80 odd quid) cheaper than the 2bular one.

I just got off the phone to the guy at Hangar 111 and he was really helpful. Theirs sounds like a good product - not too loud, or boomy. Has anyone on here heard anything about them?

Yes mines a 2bular, a gt3 24x8. I only know the 2nd bit as I've just read the advert from when I bought it.

Track friendly as well. No idea what it sounds like as mrs scatty won't show me. But I think they look good.

Yes fitted it easily enough. not too loud either

Managed to do Bedford last year and was statc tested at 92db also have a 5" silenced decat which keeps noise under control

I reckon that with the Hangar111 pipe, and a lightweight battery I will lose around 22 kilos from the very back of the car. That's got to be worth having hasn't it? Over 3 stone!

So, current "bog standard" weight is 763 kilos sans fuel. It will soon weigh 741. That'll do!

Archived