richbk

plans  

39 members have voted

1. 1. In 2010 i will be .....

• keeping my lotus as it is
    • moving on to pastures new
    • modifying my car
    • buying another lotus

All depends on what happens job-wise. Thinking of some trackday wheels and tires (Compomotive or Rota), and some seats. Beyond that, I'll may invest in some 280bhp cams for the Duratec.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm struggling here... I can select 2 choices...

1st: Modifying the old shed... at 107Kmiles, Elise needs a new clutch and as I get that done... a CR gearbox and a light weight flywheel :drive: and brakes... and possibly padded seat for the girlfriend...

2nd: Bought a Caterham 1600GT... one a the first model of Seven made by caterham and not by lotus

• 2 weeks later...
So we're selling it, and paying the mortgage off!

E&R. :P:(:D:(:)

You must really have him under your thumb Elaine :P

As for me, I asked about flaming exhaust pipes and power increses and was told it wasnt worth it and that I'll probably do more harm than good so the only thing im likely to be changing are rear tyres and maybe the wiper which is a bit crap :S

You must really have him under your thumb Elaine :P

It's a joint decision! :D We paid half each for it, and we've both decided that we just don't use it enough (415 miles in the last 10 months), so we're going to use the money to pay our mortgage off. :) but :P

E. :(

It's a joint decision! :P We paid half each for it, and we've both decided that we just don't use it enough (415 miles in the last 10 months), so we're going to use the money to pay our mortgage off. :( but B)

E. ;)

Of course, I was only kidding E. If you dont use it, its more sensible to invest the money in your house as itt'l be worth more in the long term anyway.

But seriously please dont hurt me I was only joking before, honest :unsure:

Of course, I was only kidding E. If you dont use it, its more sensible to invest the money in your house as itt'l be worth more in the long term anyway.

But seriously please dont hurt me I was only joking before, honest :unsure:

The bungalow is already worth three times what we paid for it, so it's made all the years of scrimping to pay a bit extra off each month well worth the while, and it'll be great to be mortgage free! B)

But don't worry we're not getting too sensible, we still have my ZZR-1100 mid engined Mandry kit car (150bhp - around 500kg), and Reg's (750kg) Monster Scamp. Which is currently sat at 160bhp, patiently waiting for its Audi Turbo engine transplant..... 260bhp, bring it on! :(

Only 2.5hrs until the Racing Green Machine goes now :P

E. ;)

The bungalow is already worth three times what we paid for it, so it's made all the years of scrimping to pay a bit extra off each month well worth the while, and it'll be great to be mortgage free! B)

But don't worry we're not getting too sensible, we still have my ZZR-1100 mid engined Mandry kit car (150bhp - around 500kg), and Reg's (750kg) Monster Scamp. Which is currently sat at 160bhp, patiently waiting for its Audi Turbo engine transplant..... 260bhp, bring it on! :(

Only 2.5hrs until the Racing Green Machine goes now :P

E. ;)

Yep you cant lose on property, that said I've had my lotus nearly a year already and it hasnt really lost any value, ok I know I wouldnt get what I payed for it anymore but the stealers are still trying to knock older higher mileage ones out for the same as what I payed for mine, I think the deprecation should be less than on the Z4 I had before...hopefully :unsure:

Would you happen to have any photos handy of your kit cars Elaine?

• 4 weeks later...
Yep you cant lose on property, that said I've had my lotus nearly a year already and it hasnt really lost any value, ok I know I wouldnt get what I payed for it anymore but the stealers are still trying to knock older higher mileage ones out for the same as what I payed for mine, I think the deprecation should be less than on the Z4 I had before...hopefully :bye:

Would you happen to have any photos handy of your kit cars Elaine?

Well, my mate's Z4 is now worth approximately the same as my Elise. His car is 6 years old, mine is 9, and his cost £6k more than mine when we bought them.

Eat that! :D

Archived