litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Urgent Help Needed!

yatesy

Hello all.

On my s1 elise I have a electrical problem....

After I have turned off the engine and removed the keys the lights stay on, they also flash, the revs and speed backlights, and the digital screen, the lights come on intermitenly and are causing the battery to go flat....

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Yatesy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you're saying when the light switch is OFF the lights come on by themselves or just dont turn off? If they dont turn off properly then I'd say faulty switch or sticking relay.

Hi phil

The headlights are off, the keys are out the ignition, but the backlights to the stack stay on, and flash, the small digital pannel ie: temp , fuel etc also stay on, this is after the keys are removed, doors locked and alarm set!!

So you're saying when the light switch is OFF the lights come on by themselves or just dont turn off? If they dont turn off properly then I'd say faulty switch or sticking relay.

Hi phil

The headlights are off, the keys are out the ignition, but the backlights to the stack stay on, and flash, the small digital pannel ie: temp , fuel etc also stay on, this is after the keys are removed, doors locked and alarm set!!

When you say backlights do you mean rear lights (outside the car) or the bac klight to the stack dash or both?

Hi phil

When you say backlights do you mean rear lights (outside the car) or the bac klight to the stack dash or both?

Hey phil

Back lights to the stack mate

Your cigarette lighter is wired up wrong (Have you removed it recently? Swap the wires around)... :)

Although that solution is for when you have the lights on and tuen the ignition off the car keeps running, so maybe I am wrong?

Ha you beat me to it Dan. Just looking through the diagrams and the feed splits off from the sidelights to the dash and lighter. like you say having those wires wrong will give it a permenent 12V

Your cigarette lighter is wired up wrong (Have you removed it recently? Swap the wires around)... :)

Although that solution is for when you have the lights on and tuen the ignition off the car keeps running, so maybe I am wrong?

I have not touched the cigarette lighter at all. Thanks for the advice though

Archived