litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hurricane Induction Kit Cons

russell

Hi all, back in an Elise after too long.

Any downsides to a Hurricane induction kit (with sports exhaust) apart from needing a new stereo? Some comments in odd places about poor fuel economy - any experiences?

thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor fuel economy? Only because you'll love the noise so much you will be pushing the acellerator peddle more ;)

You'll have better throttle resonse, more room in the engine bay, easier removal for cleaning, better looking, lighter, noise under acceleration etc

No real downsides unless you don't want to spend any money at all.

:D

I was told when i bought my ITG that the fuel economy is actually slightly better. This is because you don't need to put your foot down as much to get the same performance as before it was fitted...as you are getting a bit more BHP as well as a nicer sound!

:(

• 4 weeks later...
Biggest con is when you tell your insurance company and they up your premium by £50 and charge you a £25 "administration fee".  :D

£130 increase through my insurer.

Told 'em to stick it.

;)

Blimey! :D My Larini and Hurricane came to less than £60! Thats with Bell Direct. They won't pay out for the mods tho. ;)

Rich

Biggest con is when you tell your insurance company and they up your premium by £50 and charge you a £25 "administration fee".  :)

£130 increase through my insurer.

Told 'em to stick it.

:wacko:

Blimey! :unsure: My Larini and Hurricane came to less than £60! Thats with Bell Direct. They won't pay out for the mods tho. :(

Rich

The company saw it as a mod as Elise Shop say...

"Using the advantage of the sportsfilter and the cold air intake, power and torque gain is obvious!"

Which the company saw as an increase in BHP and decided that they'd rob me for it.

Archived