litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Right I've Decided To Do A T Series Conversion

Phil.S

Ok so I havent got enough power (or money for an audi conversion) so I'm off to collect a T series engine to rebuild and bodge into the back of the liz as inspired by Jez Braker. I'll let you know how I get on.....

And thats about it really.......

:)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 litre turbo out of 220, 420, 620 and 820 rovers steve! ancient engine, dirt cheap and looks like its plausible. Only downside is its about 60KG heavier than the K. 200 BHP as standard tho.

Fair play to you Phil!! What power does it kick out?

Best of luck with it though chap.

Bis.

200 horses - and I get to have a chavvy dump valve yeeeah!! You had your honda conversion yet?

Your a nutter as well then! :)

Did Jez sort out the heat issues? Presume you've learnt from his mistakes?

Err.... No.

Its better than watching TV thats my take on it!!!

Looking forward to a real 'project'! If its a no no back in with the K

Will you b fitting an intercooler or anything? That may reduce the temp. Perhaps he just need serious ducting onto the turbo as I think it was too much having it between the manifold and the Firewall. I'd get some scoops with ducting from both sides.

Take lots of pic's for us! :)

Ok. Yeah there will be an intercooler and I'm going to put a turbo boot and some exhaust wrap on and see how it goes. Getting the engine on Sun so I'lll just keep adding to this thread.. GULP Failing that a duct from the undertray may help.

Liz has one on her Elan and loves it when racing taxis at lights :D Good luck and dont forget the pics. Leave the rear clam off if you have to, that should solve the heat problem ;) Failing that holes behind the number plate and a spaced out plate may help. A small gap between the rear difuser and rear clam might help a bit as well. Ive also seen a suggestion of using the sills to channel air as well. Chop a hole in the front and rear sills in the wheel arches :)

Archived